Italians say that you haven’t tasted the true taste of coffee unless you had an Italian espresso. Dark, strong and concentrated – it is believed that a small cup of espresso without sugars or milk will make your brain function for the entire day and will help you stay focused and run your choruses easier. However, making the perfect espresso is more of an art than a simple lottery of luck. It requires great skill to be able to squeeze the quintessence of coffee beans every morning and reclaim the powerful flavor in a cup. And while most of us rather appeal to professional baristas to pour us that strong espresso we need in our lives, some of us like to take a chance and decide to make the coffee on their own.
Luckily more and more people return to the origins of drinking coffee and its rather social component, than a simple everyday pleasure, and decide to share their cup of hot beverage in the comfort of their own homes, without rushing towards work every single morning. There is no better feeling than brewing your own cup of espresso coffee while still on your slippers and PJs. And if you are looking just for the perfect espresso coffee machine to help you with your morning quest, here are the best suggestions for 2016:
Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot Espresso/Cappuccino System
Mr. Coffee is one of the most reputed brands in the branch of home and industrial coffee makers and comes with a variety of selections for all pockets. This particular product is a good investment not only because of its highly attractive retail price (you won’t pay more than $59 for it), but also because the dual system allows you to enjoy two of the most popular beverages in the world, in the comfort of your own home – a cappuccino or a hot shot of espresso.
Mr. Coffee Dual Shot Espresso features a 15-bar pump power system which puts enough pressure to extract a very dark and rich flavored espresso brew, perfect for creating a wide series of coffee-based beverages. The frothing arm is responsible for helping you create foamy cappuccinos or lattes, at a highly convenient price.
The main feature of this Mr. Coffee espresso system is that it allows you to enjoy two beverages at the same time, thanks to its dual-shot brewing system. This is perfect for the days in which you are on a rush and want to enjoy a strong shot of espresso with your beloved one, without spending too much time making it.
Another thing that strikes out positively is the removable drip catcher and the washable drip tray that collects all unpleasant coffee drips. This allows you to always serve the perfect cup of espresso, keeping the machine and your cup clean.
Last but not least, the new Mr. Coffee Espresso/Cappuccino system comes equipped with a 40-ounce removable water reservoir, which means more than 1 full liter of espresso shots and café lattes or cappuccinos, sufficient for at least 5 full drinks before having to refill the reservoir.
- Highly convenient price choice
- Brews two cups of espresso/cappuccino at once
- Large water reservoir
- Comes with two filters
- Can help you make a wide series of beverages
- Large speed at brewing and heating thanks to the Thermal Block Heating System
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker
The two programmable buttons allow you to choose from espresso and the lungo preparation, depending on your needs and requirements from your coffee beans. Moreover, the Nespresso Inissia features a large water tank of 24 ounces (approximately 720 milliliters), allowing you to enjoy at least a dozen double espresso shots before having to refill the tank. Other features of the product include an A class energy rating, meaning your mini espresso machine is highly energy efficient, as well as an automatic shut off button which will power off the machine after 9 minutes of inactivity.
What we like the most about this product is not only its super attractive price (around $100), but also its high power and lightweight and compact design which fits perfectly even into the smallest and narrowest kitchens. Last but not least, if you are less conventional and want a bolder look for your kitchen, you can always choose this product in a different, bolder color of your choice.
- Attractive price (under $100).
- Comes in a full color scheme.
- Easy to use.
- Brews cup of espresso easy and fast.
- Large water container.
- Comes with 16 Nespresso capsules.
- Good for the environment
- Only works with specific Nespresso coffee capsules.
- Sometimes it drips and is hard to return.
- Does not include filters.
Breville 800ESXL 15-Bar Triple-Priming Die-Cast Espresso Machine
Other functions include a highly generous refillable water tank of 75 ounces (2.2 liters) which will deliver at least 22 shots of espresso or 10 full size café lattes, as well as a selector dial for three different options – espresso, steam or hot water. The hot water dispenser is perfect for those who want milder coffees or other instant beverages like hot cocoas or teas.
The durable stainless steel design perfectly frames the Italian artistry of delivering perfect espressos.
- Strong and durable design which will last for years
- Elegant design to fit each kitchen style, even small coffee shops or serving units
- Generous water tank
- Thermo-block heating system
- It is a little on the expensive side, going for more than $300, which is more than most people consider paying for a home espresso machine. However, quality comes with a price and this product certainly abounds in qualities!
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
What strikes about this product is the dual wall filter system which makes it the perfect solution for extra foam or “crema”. Moreover, the froth enhancer will allow your cup to stay warm enough to meet the perfect temperature for you to serve your espresso.
Another great feature the unit’s large water tank, sufficient for plenty of perfectly delivered espressos before getting refilled. Moreover, thanks to the external water window, you will always see the level of water inside and will know exactly when it is time to refill the tank.
Last but not least, the Breville ESP8XL coffee machine also comes with two espresso cups and saucers included, which is always nice because this way you will get to share your passion for Italian-made coffee with your beloved one.
- Stainless steel, durable and elegant design. You can never go wrong with a classic of elegance.
- 15-bar pressure power.
- Dual-wall filter system which is the reason why your espressos will always end up perfectly.
- Convenient price. By comparison to the previous model, this one is half the price, thus you can purchase it for less than $180.
- The same filters get clogged easily and it takes a lot of time and patience to clean them.
- Due to the clogged filters you will waste plenty of coffee in time.
Mr. Coffee Café Barista Premium Espresso/Cappuccino System, ECMP1000
The first positive aspect of this Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 espresso system is the control panel suitable for single or double shots from your favorite drink – whether espresso, cappuccino or latte. This way you will never have to wait twice until getting the right amount of strong, black coffee for those rough mornings when you require extra energy.
Want more? This product also comes equipped with an automatic milk frother to add the extra cream, thickness and foam and transform a regular espresso into the perfect cappuccino or café latte. Also, the milk container is removable thus you can always fill it up with as much milk as you want in order to always enjoy the best morning beverages.
The adjustable cup tray is perfect to fit any size of cup, from regular espresso shot cups to travel mugs. This way you will always get the right amount of coffee, no dripping and no extra time requiring.
Not least, by purchasing this product you will also receive the single shot and double shot special filters, a measuring scoop perfect for newbie in, a tamper, as well as plenty of coffee recipes to try each morning.
- Comes in 3 colors – red, black and silver to fit any kitchen style.
- Removable milk reservoir for extra foamy and creamy espressos or cappuccinos.
- One touch control panel with access to all the product’s main functions.
- Easy to use.
- Convenient price. Purchase it about $150.
- 15 bar pump system for extra dark and thick espresso shots.
If there are any cons on this product, we couldn’t find any. We invite you to test the product and see for yourself!
Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso & cappuccino maker
This Hamilton espresso maker is extremely easy to setup thanks to the patented slide and lock filter holders, thus you can enjoy a freshly brewed espresso shot in no time. It includes a steam wand for steaming and frothing milk so that you will always obtain the best flavored cappuccino or latte.
Also, the black design with silver finishes and sleek lines make for a perfect acquisition which will fit most kitchen styles. The slender dimensions and round edges are useful because they make the product to not only weight less, but also to fit even the smallest kitchen tables or counters.
Another great thing about the Hamilton Beach 40792 espresso maker is that it runs both on pods or grounded espresso coffee, which is always convenient. For classic users who want to taste the richness, thickness and strong flavor of freshly brewed grounded coffee, they can always purchase this type of coffee beans from selected stores. However, the product is also perfect for the mornings in which you want to try a different espresso aroma or a café latte flavor and decide to simply use a pod.
The product also features a cup warmer to make sure you always serve your beverage at the optimum temperature, as well as indicator lights and selector dials for choosing your own steam and espresso functions.
- Powerful 15 bar pressure for extracting the richness and thickness flavor of espresso coffee.
- Sleek, slender and elegant design.
- Removable and spacious water tank.
- Cup warmer.
- Works both with pods and grounded coffee.
- Attractive price going for less than $150.
- Weights 9.4 pounds which some people feel it is heavy for it’s looks.
DeLonghi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Bundle
Also similar to the previous model, the DeLonghi EC155 can be used both with grounded coffee or pods thanks to its patented dual function filter holders. Again, this leaves so much more room to imagination and creating a large amount of beverage possibilities with endless flavors, thickness and taste.
Thanks to the double separated thermostats, the product will always make sure that the water and steam pressure are under perfect control, but separated in order to deliver the best results.
In terms of design this resembles other much more expensive coffee machines as it features the same high-quality stainless steel design that fits even the most elegant and exclusive cuisines.
The swivel jet frother is easy to use in order to always prepare delicious and perfect coffee-based beverages such as lattes or cappuccinos.
What more could you want? By using the self-priming operation control you will lose less time and avoid the annoying preparation steps until delivering the best cup of espresso.
- 15 bar pump pressure.
- Stainless steel, durable and elegant design.
- Separate thermostats for perfect temperature of water and steam pressure.
- Dual filters for both pods and grounded coffee.
- Large water reservoir.
- Good price of around $110.
- Doesn’t have an automatic shutoff feature.
- Could buy a separate tamper.
- The coffee mugs vibrate on the platform while brewing the beverage, allowing the content to spill.
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
This is a great little kitchen appliance to cherish and hold if you simply want to enjoy nice cup of espresso shot in the comfort of your own home and do not require all barista elements.
Similar to the previously reviewed espresso machine from the same Nespresso company, the main disadvantage of this one is also the fact that it only runs with pods or capsules. Luckily, the interior design allows easy insertion and ejection of capsules and the product can hold inside up to 10 used capsules.
Also, the removable water tank accommodates up to 24 ounces or 700 milliliters of water, sufficient for around 7 shots of espresso or up to three café lattes or cappuccinos.
Another positive aspects of the Nespresso Pixie is that it doesn’t require more than 30 seconds for preheating, allowing your beverage to be brewed in about 25 to 30 seconds.
Other useful functions include easy understanding backlight indicators, water level detection so that you will never run out of water while brewing, as well as an automatic shutoff button for those who sometimes forget about their kitchen appliances.
- High pressure of 19 bars, delivering perfectly brewed and rich espressos.
- Suitable for espressos and lungo cafes thanks to two cup capacities.
- Folding drip allows to accommodate different cup sizes from regular espresso shot small cups to traveling mugs
- Smart empty water tank alert.
- Compact and sleek design. This Pixie espresso maker perfectly accommodates in kitchens of all sizes.
- Comes in a variety of colors and also 2 types of finishes – matte or shiny.
- Affordable price of only $133.
- Only works with coffee pods which is always an inconvenience for true coffee and espresso lovers.
- Quite small water tank volume.
The Keurig Rivo Cappuccino and Latte system
The automatic on/off function should be found in all models because it allows you to save energy in time. Speaking of, this particular product also comes with a saving energy mode for those who care about their savings and the environment as well.
However, the best feature of this product is that it allows you to brew espresso on one side of the machine and also froth milk on the other side in the same time. The results are amazing and almost simultaneously, allowing you to serve a full size cup of café latte or cappuccino in less than one minute.
Also, the product features three different frothing modes, depending on the beverage you want to enjoy – cappuccino, cold froth or latte. Not to mention the two different espresso size options available – short or double.
- Cute design, fits almost all kitchen styles.
- Automatic on/off button and energy saving mode button.
- Brews a full size cup in under one minute.
- Suitable for a variety of drinks based on espresso.
- Double size espresso option for harsh days.
- Brews espresso and froths milk in the same time for a fresh drink every single day.
- Quite expensive for the rather cheap design. Purchase this product for around $150.
- Heavy and large unit – weights over 11 pounds, thus it only fits on large kitchen counters or large kitchen spaces.
- Only works with Lavazza pods as the product is designed by Lavazza. However, this is not necessarily an inconvenient as this is one of the most repute coffee brands in the world with a history of centuries and delivers a large variety of coffee types and coffee-based products.
Capresso EC100 Pump Espresso
Our last product on the list but certainly not the least is this Capresso multifunctional machine. It features a classic stainless steel and durable design which will fit all kitchen styles and allow you to enjoy the product for a longer time.
The ThermoBlock heating systems keeps your espresso shot or cappuccino mug heated at the perfect temperature.
Similar to other products reviewed on this list, this particular one also has two sieves allowing single or double espresso shots, depending on the day. In addition, the product features indicator lights for the on/off system, as well for the coffee or steam. It also comes equipped with a swivel frother, easy to use and convenient to make sure you will always enjoy the best cappuccino or café latte without even having to leave your kitchen.
The design is simple yet elegant, allowing for an easy usage and accommodation of two large size coffee mugs at once. Also, the removable water container counts for up to 46 ounces or approximately 1, 4 liters, enough to brew about 10 espresso shots before refilling the water tank. This also makes the product suitable for plenty of espresso-based variety beverages such as cappuccinos or lattes.
- Large removable and reusable water tank to accommodate up to 1.4 liters of water.
- 15 bar power for delivering a strongly brewed and perfect espresso shot.
- Suitable for two cups at a time.
- Two different espresso sizes available – single and double.
- Sleek, elegant and durable stainless steel design to last for years of intense use.
- Works with grounded coffee.
- Includes a series of accessories (milk frother, frothing pitcher, espresso tamper) for creating espresso-based beverages.
- Easy to use system, even by newbie persons.
- More or less acceptable retail value of around $150. The product is worth the money, but it truly depends on your budget.
- Non necessary rubber gaskets.
With such a large variety of espresso machines on the market, it is rather difficult to find the perfect one for you. Thus, whenever shopping for such a machine take into consideration aspects such as price, overall quality of the product, dimensions, power, water tank size, etc.