- 15 Bar Italian Pump.
- Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
- The Triple Prime Pump releases 3 bursts of hot water to moisten the ground coffee resulting in greater build-up to extract the fullest flavor.
- Thermoblock Heating System.
- 75 Fl.oz (2.2L) removable front-fill water tank.
- Espresso machine with ThermoBlock heating system and 15-bar Triple Prime pump.
- Durable stainless-steel housing; selector dial for espresso, steam, or hot water.
As my last coffee maker turned out to be such a disappointment, I was wary of all of them. “Once bitten, twice shy” you could say. That’s why I wanted this time to find the best one – reading hundreds of reviews and crossing the machines off my list one by one. After a while, I managed to find one that matches all of my criteria. The coffee machine in question was Breville 800ESXL.
I love this coffee machine for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that it brews super-tasty espresso. Here are a few other reasons why buying it is a good choice!
Making Coffee with Breville 800ESXL is Children’s Play
The process of making coffee can seem a little daunting at first. This is true especially for the ones used to the press-brew-and-its-done coffee making system, but in reality, it is extremely easy and the coffee tastes so much better too! To get your shot of espresso, you first have to add the freshly ground coffee beans to the portafilter and tamp it. I found out that the coffee should have the consistency of finely grained sand particles for best taste.
The tamp pressure should be about 25-30 lb ideally. Load and lock in the portafilter in the head once the tamping is done. Wait till the heating light goes off (it would be blinking till the time the machine isn’t at the right temperature and could take less than a minute). Next, dial the swivel to coffee and your maker takes less than 30 seconds to prepare it. You can shut it by turning the dial whenever you want and this is really helpful.
Milk Frothing Technology
The best way to do it is using the froth enhancer. Basically the idea is to add really fine micro-bubbles to the milk and avoid the large ones. This could take a little practice. Turn the dial to steam and put the wand below the milk surface. Hold it for about a minute. You would be able to see the milk swirling in the clockwise direction. Stop the process when you’ve reached your required level. Lastly, simply mix in the milk with your espresso shot.
One notable feature is when transitioning from steam to espresso, the water temperature changes automatically. This is necessary for a good coffee as steam’s temperature is about 165 degree while an espresso should be at about 93 degree. Also, it is very easy changing from steam to coffee due to the dial- system.
Breville 800ESXL Comes with a Bunch of Useful Tools
This maker has the water tank situated at the front and comes with a filter. It has a blue light so as to ascertain the water level. The capacity is 75 oz and is removable. The machine comes with a bunch of tools: a portafilter, tampering tool, cleaning tools, a froth enhancer, stainless steel frothing, a pitcher etc. The drip tray is very handy and gives an alert when ‘full’. The portafilter comes with a basket (where you put in your ground beans) which has a single hole at the bottom. At the back is the power chord with changeable length.
There is a storage compartment at the base handy for storing the single and double pods, the instruction manual, cleaning tools etc. The Instruction manual also contains some coffee recipes. The cleaning tools consist of pricking needles to clear out any residual crusting. The filter on the stain wand is removable and can be dipped in hot water to clear out any residue.
- Automatic Temperature Regulation
- Triple Prime Pump (Water Released In Three Bursts)
- Detachable Water Reservoir – (75 Oz)
- Steam Wand With Froth Enhancer
- Has Tamping Tool, Filters, Cleaning Tool, Frothing Pitcher
- 1 Year Warranty
- System For Espresso, Hot Water Or Steam
Pros & Cons
Overall, I love this coffee maker, but here are the things I cherish the most about it:
- Perfect Coffee Taste – Espresso made with this brewer tastes great as it uses temperature ideal for extracting the right aroma.
- Easy to Use – Comes with an instruction manual, which contains some coffee recipes.
- Easy to clean – It takes only a few moments to remove parts and put them in the dishwasher.
- Loads of accessories – The package contains all kinds of useful tools, like filters, tamping tool, etc.
No matter how much I love it; there is one thing that I don’t like
- Price – This coffee machine is more expensive than the average products out there.
If you want good coffee no matter what, then this coffee maker is the right choice for you. Its price might be higher than expected, but true espresso aficionados know to recognize quality. On top of that, you should know that this coffee maker is a one-time buy as it expected to last for a long time.