- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules. Compact Brewing Unit Technology
- Thermoblock heating element – Fast preheating time: 30 seconds
- Folding drip tray accommodates tall recipe glasses – Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity
- Backlit LED water level detection indicators
- Holds 10 used capsules. Removable water tank: 24 oz or 0.7 L, 1 year warranty from date of purchase and registration
- Programmable buttons for espresso and lungo, folding drip tray for larger cups and recipes, brew ready in 25-30 seconds
- Backlight indicators, water level detection, auto power-off, used capsule container, convenient power cord storage
- 12.83-Inch length by 4.33-Inch width by 9-1/4-Inch height
- 24-Ounce water tank
My work takes me places. I virtually live out of a suitcase and travel for the better part of the month. Unfortunately, I’m also a coffee lover and, although I don’t mind new experiences and actually look forward to them, coffee is the one thing that I’m not willing to experiment with. So, I started looking for a coffee maker which could fit in snugly in my suitcase and be easy to live with. After reading a bunch of reviews, I found this in the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker.
This machine is, without doubt, one of the most compact brewers you’ll ever see. It comes in two variants (mine is Electric Titan) and weighs about six pounds, fitting virtually anywhere. Apart from the size, there are lots of features that made me fall in love with this coffee maker.
Making Espresso is Quite Easy
Coffee making is fun. Pull up the lever, pop in one of those cute little capsules, and pull it down again to close the chamber. Your machine is ready to brew. Choose your cup size and the coffee pours out almost instantly. Once it’s done, turn the lever once again, which will shift the used capsule from the coffee head to the chamber. All if this takes only about a minute.
There is a bar-like lever that is used to put in the Nespresso capsules. You have to turn it up to open up the coffee capsule chamber. On the front side is a stainless steel drip tray. It can be flipped up as well as removed. With the drip tray, a cup about 3.5 inches can be accommodated. However, if you want a cappuccino or any milk based product that uses a larger cup, you can flip up the tray without having to remove it. The maximum height for such a cup can be up to 5.5 inch.
Pixie Features a Large Water Reservoir
The front area also features a container for used capsules. It is made of clear acrylic plastic and the maker empties the used Nespresso capsules here. There are also tiny lights which make the product very appealing. The back end contains a water reservoir, with a capacity of 24 oz. A typical single shot espresso is a little more than 1 oz while a Lungo uses about 3 oz. This basically means that using the single cup option, you would be able to make about 20 cups of coffee without having to refill the water reservoir while in case of long shots it would translate into 8-9 cups. Also, when the water tank needs to be filled again, red lights at the back, along the sides, light up.
There are three buttons- ‘power’, and one each for either a single or a double shot espresso. Also, you can customize it to suit your own requirements. All you need to do is press the button and keep it pressed while the coffee streams out till you get the appropriate amount in your cup. The machine remembers this setting and thereafter pours you the same amount till you decide to switch it again. It has the Thermoblock Technology Heating Element and thus heats up super fast. In fact, it takes about 30 seconds to heat up after the power is switched on.
19-Bar Pressure Pump For Perfect Espresso
Pixie features a pump of 19 bar pressure. The espresso/lungo is steam forced. Both these features ensure the coffee retains its aroma and flavor and there is a distinct ring of crème on top. You also get sixteen Nespresso capsules- all of different blends.
Nespresso Pixie Specifications:
- Thermoblock Heating
- Folding Drip Tray – From 2.5 Up To 5.5 Inches
- Blue LED Light For Water Level Detection
- Water Tank Removable And Capacity Of 24 Oz
- 1 Year Warranty
- A Used-Cup Compartment
- Compact Brewing Unit Technology
- Fast Brewing – It takes about 30 seconds for a cup of espresso to be brewed.
- Simple to Use – All it takes is pressing a button to make it work.
- Comes with Nespresso Capsules – You get a pack of 16 Nespresso cups.
- Sound – It might seem a little loud until you get used to it.
This is by far one of the most efficient coffee makers I have ever used and would recommend it to anyone especially if you need to bring around like for traveling. Not only is it easy to use, it’s also easy to maintain. The cleaning up is easy as well. You just need to wipe the surface and scale it occasionally. The in-built used- capsule chamber can handle up to 10 capsules before needing a cleanup. You also have the option of becoming a part of the Nespresso family by joining the Nespresso club. This gives you access to personalized technical support, advice, capsule recycling and more efficient service delivery – 24/7.