- SpinBrew™ Technology-Spins, steams & stirs inside the cup
- Features the exclusive iCoffee® SafetyLock
- Pour’n Brew- Add water for 4, 6, 8 10 or 12 ounce beverage size
- iCup™ reusable brewing cup included
- Brews in less than a minute*** with Energy Saver mode and automatic shut off
I don’t remember how I fell in love with coffee to be honest. What I do know however, is that life without it has no meaning anymore. There’s absolutely nothing as heavenly as the smell of freshly brewed coffee early in the morning. There is nothing that can make me feel as alive as a steaming mug of espresso can. Maybe it has something to do with the contradictory effect it has – its aroma makes me feel as peaceful as a dove while its taste makes me feel alive and ready to take on the world.
Whatever the occasion – from grumbling about my boss to simply reading the latest crime thriller on my sofa, a mug of coffee makes it so much better. Another thing which happens if you’re a coffee freak is you become very particular about the way it’s brewed. I’m sure all the coffee lovers out there know exactly what I’m talking about. I need to have it done just perfectly. Before long I realized I needed a coffee maker and a good one at that.
So I got to searching. I was primarily looking for quality and something which wouldn’t burn a hole in my pocket. I started reading reviews from 2016. After a lot of blood, sweat and tears (the tears were real), the Gods of coffee finally took pity on me and I found this little darling- the iCoffee Express Single Serve Brewer!
Extremely Easy To Use
Extremely user friendly, this machine works well with all K-compatible cups. On pressing the power button, you immediately see a little light that says heating. Within a minute, your machine is ready to brew. The next part involves adding the exact amount of water for your beverage. This can be anything ranging from 4 ounce to 12 ounce respectively.
This wide range allows you to customize the flavor and strength of the coffee. Next comes the k- cup. Finally press the ‘Brew’ button and your job is over. A very adorable feature is the blue light that flashes on while your cup is filling up. For some reason, that is my favorite part of coffee making. It reminds me of one of those alien movies with someone getting beamed down!
Another notable feature of this coffee maker is its patented SpinBrew Technology. What that basically means is, the needle which pierces the k-cup shoots out a 360-degree water jet. This allows the water to seep throughout rather than focus on the area nearest to the needle, which is what happens with a conventional needle. The SpinBrew Technology in short creates a mini French Press like effect, extracting more coffee and giving you a richer and smoother taste.
As far as its appearance goes, I’ll give it a 9/10. It has a stylish, modern, built of quality, is glossy and sleek while at the same time has a homely feel to it and totally blends in with my kitchen décor. I also love the fact that it takes up fairly little space on the counter. For the ladies – it’s not too heavy and can be moved around easily.
- SpinBrew technology
- Wide range of Pour’s Brew feature: 4,6,8,10 and 12 ounces
- Compatible with K- cups, real cup capsules, one cup and all private label K cups.
- Has a reusable I-cup which allows you to brew your brand of tea or ground coffee.
- Compact and lightweight
- Tray is removable
- Hassle-free cleaning
- Comes with a full 1 year warranty
Pros & Cons
Some of the positives I found about this product include:
- Super pocket friendly – very affordable and worth it
- It needs to be primed just once in its entire lifetime
- The bottom panel is removable which enables you to use almost all sizes of travel mugs
- Personally, I love the fact that water needs to be added fresh every time and there is no water ‘sitting in’.
- Energy efficient and economical: It automatically goes into an energy saving mode after two hours on non- use and shuts off automatically after 26 hours.
- It has a SafetyLock feature which secures the head while brewing, making it safe for use
- Works with all types of water without the issue of clogging up
I did have some problems with it:
- The priming part took me a little time to understand but it was worth it
- After a while the motor develops a buzzing sound – not too loud but It got me worried initially
All said and done, this coffee maker is worth more than what you pay for. It has style, quality and the coffee tastes great. For more details, you can check out this link below.